Influence Friends of Fans
Word of mouth is the strongest form of advertising. When someone interacts with your business on Facebook it creates a story. People can see when their friends endorse your business by liking your Page or connecting with it, and it can influence their own purchasing decisions.
Sponsored stories are messages coming from friends about them engaging with your business. As a business, you can pay to promote these stories so there’s a better chance people see these interactions. Sponsored stories can show in the news feed on desktop and mobile, and in the right hand column of Facebook.
Best Practice: Sponsored stories work best for Pages that have been liked by at least 100 people.
It's important to keep track of how your sponsored stories are performing so you can make the adjustments necessary to achieve your goals. Page Insights are the analytics for your Page but they'll help you understand your audience and the content they respond to.
| Page Insights Do's
|| Ads Manager Do's
- Notice the posts that are the most shared and talked about. Sponsor these types of posts to encourage even more engagement.
- See where your likes are coming from to understand how many people clicked Like from an ad or sponsored story pointing to your Page.
- Monitor metrics from your advertising goals and your ad’s cost per action to see what you are getting for your ad or sponsored story investment. If your cost per action is increasing, consider changing the content to encourage more people to take an action and improve performance.
- Review your campaign summary graph to see how key actions are trending over time. Drill down to the ad level to see which of your ads are generating your key actions and continue refining the best performing ads.
- Watch your campaign reach in the inline Ads Manager report. If you're not reaching enough people, expand your targeting criteria.
- A/B test your sponsored stories by targeting different audiences.
Hopefully you've read through the four steps to building success on Facebook and have a list of things to try. Take your time and test out different approaches to see what works best for you.
Review the key points
Your business presence on Facebook is never finished.
- Revisit the Steps to Success to review what we've learned so far.
- Make sure to regularly check for important updates.
Explore business resources
Once you've got the basics, there are many business resources available to you.
Need more help?
You can have professional supports from our Facebook experts through our Start to Success program.